- The firm is proud to serve clients with distinction in a wide variety of matters, including divorce and dissolution, child custody and adoption, contracts, and wills and estates.
- We represent and protect clients through consumer bankruptcy proceedings under Chapters 7 and 13.
- We have defended clients in a wide variety of criminal matters from misdemeanors to felony murder charges, including juvenile defense, DUIs, drug offenses, domestic violence, and more.
Civil Rights & Government Liability
- The firm has a successful record of litigating cases against government entities for wrongful arrest and police misconduct, prisoner rights, child abuse and protection, and general civil liability. We know the intricacies of § 1983 challenges against government action and inaction, and how to deal with sovereign immunity.
- Among his achievements: in 1990, Bill achieved a $1.3 million settlement with the County of Summit for failure to respond to reports of abuse against an Akron girl. He won a 7-0 decision in the Ohio Supreme Court on this case, upholding citizens’ right to challenge government inaction.
- Beginning as a law student, Rebecca has worked with Case Western Reserve University’s Milton A. Kramer Law Clinic Center on a federal class-action lawsuit against the City of Akron to protect homeless citizens’ civil rights. She remains on the case as co-counsel. You can read more about it here.
Personal Injury, & Medical Malpractice & Civil Litigation
- Bill has built a strong record in personal injury and medical malpractice, especially plaintiff’s work including many six-figure+ judgments and settlements.
- We also represent clients on both the plaintiff and defense side in general civil litigation, including contract disputes and landlord-tenant law.